As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) begins to have an increased impact across our primary markets of Southern California and Southern Nevada, and throughout the nation, we’re here to serve you, and want to share with you the steps we're taking at your Credit Union to keep our members and team members healthy during this outbreak. And please be assured, your funds and your accounts at the Credit Union remain safe.
What we’re doing...
- We’re closely monitoring information from local, state, and federal health officials to ensure we’re acting consistently with recommendations and guidelines from those agencies.
- We’re also ensuring our team members have the information they need to stay healthy and that they stay home if they’re not feeling well. If wait times increase as we strive to ensure everyone's health, we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
- We’re increasing the frequency with which we disinfect surfaces, apply hand sanitizer and wash our hands. We may not be shaking hands or hugging members during this outbreak, but we’re still here to provide the same friendly service.
- All SCE FCU branches remain open and are operating on normal business hours. If this should change for any reason, we’ll let you know via our website and social media.
- We’re committed to helping members experiencing hardships due to the coronavirus outbreak. Call us at 800.866.6474 to speak with a member service representative.
- We’re postponing all of our financial simulation Mad City Money events in the community for the remainder of March and April.
What you can do...
- Watch for updated information from the Centers for Disease Control and your local county health services department, and follow us on social media to keep up to date on our response to the coronavirus outbreak.
- Learn more about our online and mobile banking features, so you can do your banking from almost anywhere 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have online and mobile tools to help you check balances, make transfers and loan payments, deposit checks and apply for new services from wherever you happen to be. Get more information at scefcu.org/ebanking.
- Be cautious of scams taking advantage of fears surrounding the coronavirus. Remember we'll never call you and ask for confidential information, such as your password or PIN. See the Federal Trade Commission's advice for consumers to protect yourself from scams.
Our hearts are with all who have been affected by this illness. The health and safety of our members and team members is our top priority, and we’ll continue to monitor this ever-changing public health situation. Our Board of Directors and Management Team are ready to ensure our service to you is uninterrupted and remains at the highest level possible.
Thank you for your membership and stay healthy out there!
Your SCE FCU Family