The Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (“E-SIGN”) gives consumers certain rights if they elect to receive consumer disclosures in electronic form. You may not consent to receive disclosures until we have provided you with this notice which explains your rights under E-SIGN. Please read this notice carefully, and let us know if you have any questions.
By changing your statement delivery option to e-statements, you agree to permanently receive all communications from SCE FCU including but not limited to periodic share and loan statements, account notices, disclosures, and tax forms in an electronic format. Additionally:
- You have the right to receive this Electronic Statement/Disclosure Terms and Agreements in paper form. To receive written terms and agreements you can print this page or request a copy by telephone at 800.866.6474 or by visiting any branch location.
- The minimum hardware and software requirements to receive our statement and disclosures electronically through Online Banking are listed below:
Minimum: Requirements listed will enable Online Banking to run on your Personal Computer (PC) or Mac.
Recommended: Requirements listed will deliver enhanced system performance for Virtuoso Home Banking.
Minimum: 1 GHz CPU
Recommended: 2 GHz CPU
Computer Memory (RAM)
For Windows XP:(*)
Minimum: 512 MB
Recommended: 1 G
For Windows Vista
Minimum: 1 G
Recommended: 2 G
For Windows 7
Minimum: 3 G
Recommended: 4 G
Minimum: 500 Mb
Recommended: 1 GHz processor or higher/1 G RAM or greater
(*) More recent versions of Windows operating systems use larger amounts of RAM.
Hard Drive Space Available
Minimum: 300 MB Monitor/Display Minimum: VGA Monitor resolution of 800X600, configured to display 256 colors.
Recommended: Resolution of 1024X768 or higher (if available) to enhance the visual aspect of Virtuoso Home Banking.
Minimum (For Dial-up Customers ONLY): Modem/Speed: 28.8K bps (28,800 baud/second) or higher; V.34 modem protocol is minimally required; V.90 modem protocol is recommended.
Recommended: High Speed Internet or Broadband Connection.
Hardware and Software Requirements
You are responsible for the installation, maintenance, and operation of your Computer (in this Agreement, your computer and the related equipment are referred to together as your "Computer") and all software. We will inform you of any change in hardware or software requirements that may affect your access to or use of Online Banking. SCE FCU is not responsible for any errors or failures from any malfunction of your Computer or any software, and SCE FCU is not responsible for any computer viruses (including, without limitation, programs commonly referred to as "malware", "keystroke loggers", and/or "spyware"), problems or malfunctions resulting from any computer viruses, or any related problems that may be associated with the use of an online system. Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained is obtained at your own discretion and risk, and SCE FCU is not responsible for any damage to your computer or operating systems or for loss of data that results from the download of any such material, whether due to any computer virus or otherwise. You are solely responsible for maintaining and applying anti-virus software, security patches, firewalls, and other security measures with respect to your operating systems, and for protecting, securing, and backing up any data and information stored in or on your operating systems. SCE FCU is not responsible for any errors or failures resulting from defects in or malfunctions of any software installed on your operating systems.
- SCE FCU reserves the right to send any correspondence including but not limited to periodic share and loan statements, account notices, disclosures, collections notices and tax forms in written form delivered via the postal service.
- Electronically delivered documents have the same legal status as paper copies and will be available for at least 90 days after they are made available.
- Based on this request and consent, paper statements, disclosures, etc. will no longer be generated. This consent may be withdrawn at any time by calling us at 800.866.6474, contacting us through secure email on our website scefcu.org or visiting any branch location. Please allow us 7 days to process your request after which you will receive your statements, disclosures, etc. in paper form.
- You may request a paper copy of any statement, disclosure, etc. provided to you in an electronic format by contacting us at 800.866.6474 or by visiting any branch location. Please refer to the Fee Schedule, which is available on our website, for a list of current fees.
- If you have multiple account numbers with SCE FCU, you will need to request and consent for electronic delivery of statements, disclosures, etc. for each account number separately.
- Any accountholder has the right to request and consent to electronic delivery for this account.
- You understand that without current information we cannot provide documents to you. Therefore, you agree to promptly provide SCE FCU of any updates to your email address by notifying us in writing, contacting us at 800.866.6474, visiting any branch location, or via Online Banking.
- You agree to promptly review statements, disclosures, etc. made available to you by SCE FCU in an electronic format. Notify us within 60 days if you believe there may be errors in your statements, disclosures, etc. unless another error notification time frame applies.