As news comes in about the Equifax breach, we'd like to take a moment to remind members of steps you can take to secure your personal information. Please monitor your bank and credit card accounts and report any unusual charges right away. Adding a password to your account for call-in transactions is also advised, so no one can call and impersonate you.
What you can do:
- Visit EquifaxSecurity2017.com to verify if your data has been compromised (be sure to read their terms and conditions)
- Set fraud alerts with all three credit bureaus - Equifax, Experian and TransUnion
- Monitor credit activity at AnnualCreditReport.com
- Reset your account passwords, PIN codes, and other login credentials on vulnerable financial accounts
- Establish multiple-authentication protocols for email and financial accounts when possible
Credit monitoring services are also a recommended way to track inquiries and find out about new accounts opened in your name. Two reputable options are Credit Monitor by Experian and LifeLock (neither are affiliated or endorsed by SCE FCU).
You can also view our brief Identity Protection video to learn tips you can take to help reduce your risk of identity theft and protect your financially-sensitive information.
Remember we're here for you as trusted advisors if you need help, and we're continuing to take proactive steps to make sure your accounts are secure.
You're our #1 priority.