By clicking in the box, next to the statement that reads, "I have read and accept the Terms & Conditions of service", on the previous page, you are consenting to receive the following disclosures, terms and conditions, and other notices electronically.
We recommend you read these disclosures carefully and that you keep a copy for your records. Please click on the File option from the menu bar, select Print, select your printer and click on OK or select Save to retain a copy on your PC.
SCE FCU Consent to Receive Disclosures Electronically
The following disclosures are required by the federal Electronic Signature in Global and National Commerce Act ("ESIGN"). Acceptance is necessary prior to use of bill pay; you can record your consent to the ESIGN and the bill pay disclosures by placing a checkmark in the "I have read and accepted the Terms & Conditions of service" box on the previous page.
Your consent here does not automatically enroll you in eStatements. You must complete a separate enrollment to stop receiving paper account statements by U.S. Mail.
Electronic Delivery of Disclosures & Notices
To use SCE FCU's Bill Pay service and to access, receive and retain the disclosures, notices, forms, etc. you must provide at your own expense an Internet connection device compatible with SCE FCU's Online Banking and Bill Pay service. You device must meet the minimum requirements outlined below.
System Requirements to Access Information
To receive an electronic copy of the disclosures, notices, terms and conditions, other documents, and forms you must have the following equipment and software:
- An Internet browser that supports 128-bit encryption, such as the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari
- An email account and email software capable of reading and responding to your email
- A personal computer, operating system and telecommunications connections to the Internet capable of supporting the foregoing
- Sufficient electronic storage capacity on your computer's hard drive or other data storage unit
- A printer that is capable of printing from your browser and email software
- A telephone capable of accepting either a voice response or text message
- A software which enables you to receive an access Portable Document Format or "PDF" files, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader® (available for download at adobe.com). Your access to this page verifies that your system/device has the necessary software to permit you to receive and access PDF files.
System Requirements to Retain Information
To retain a copy of the disclosures, notices, terms and conditions, other documents and forms, your device must have the ability to download and store PDF files.
Paper Delivery of Disclosures & Notices
You have the right to receive a paper copy of the disclosures, notices, terms and conditions, other documents, and forms. To receive a paper copy at no charge, please request it in one of the following manners:
- Send an email message with your name and mailing address to email@example.com
- Call us at 800.866.6474
- Or write to us, Attn: Account Administration, PO Box 8017, El Monte CA 91734-2317, with your name and mailing address
Be sure to state that you are requesting a copy of the disclosures, notices, etc.
Withdrawal of Electronic Acceptance of Disclosures & Notices
To withdraw your consent to receive any future disclosures, notices, terms and conditions, and other documents electronically call us at 800.866.6474 or write to us, Attn: Account Administration, PO Box 8017, El Monte CA 91734-2317, with your request.
It is your responsibility to provide us with a true, accurate and complete email address, contact, and other information related to your account. You agree to maintain and update information as necessary. To update your information, call us at 800.866.6474 or write to us, Attn: Account Administration, PO Box 8017, El Monte CA 91734-2317, with your name, email and mailing address.
Bill Payment Service Terms & Conditions
The Credit Union's Bill Payer service is available to you under guidelines described in this agreement. You authorize the Credit Union to debit your designated Checking Account(s) for any transactions processed using our Bill Pay service, including all charges as shown in Fees & Charges associated with Bill Payer service. Requirements and your responsibilities for use of this service are described below.
To use Bill Payer, you must have a computer, modem, internet service, browser, your account number and a PIN or Access Code.
Payee records are created by you and should include all necessary data to make your payment, such as payee name, address, phone number and account number.
You may add and edit payees within the Bill Payer service. The Credit Union may update these records without any further notification to correct errors or update account information as provided by the payee to process your payment. Editing payees is limited to your personal information such as: the payee nickname, account number, phone, name on account and payment category. The Credit Union is not responsible if you provide invalid, incomplete or incorrect payee information which results in a Bill Payment that cannot be processed and/or is misrouted.
The payee details will indicate the number of days required for processing. Payments made by check require a minimum of five (5) business days for processing and electronic payments require a minimum of two (2) business days for processing.
Scheduling a Payment
Payments can be scheduled to payee from your checking account on any date shown on the Bill Pay system calendar as an available "deliver by" date. The "deliver by" date is the date the Payee will receive payment. These dates are limited to Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Holidays.
To ensure payments are received by the "deliver by" date, payments are processed (but not charged to your account) two (2) business day before the "deliver by" date after 1pm (PST) for electronic payments. Payments made by check are processed five (5) business days before the "deliver by" date after 1pm (PST) and are charged once the Payee negotiates the issued check which is drawn directly on the designated Checking Account. Please make sure you have available funds in your account at least four (4) days prior to your selected due date as the funds can clear as soon as your payee receives the check. The maximum payment amount is $9,999.99 per transaction.
Bill Payment Withdrawals
Scheduled electronic payments will be withdrawn from your account as early as 4am (PST) but no later than 9am (PST) on the "deliver by" date your have specified.
Check payments: The funds will be debited from your account when the payee receives and negotiates the check. We send out the check up to five (5) days before your due date.
Note: To determine if a payment will be paid electronically or by check, locate the payment in the "Scheduled Payments" section of the mail Bill Pay page and click the "Edit" icon. How a payment is scheduled to be made, electronic or check, will display in the pop-up box next to "Type".
It is your responsibility to have sufficient funds for the payment to be processed. In the vent that you do not have sufficient funds then you may be assessed an overdraft, Courtesy Pay or NSF fee because of these transactions as disclosed in our Fees & Charges. The Credit Union may overdraft from your other share accounts (as applicable) according to the instructions you have given the Credit Union (if any) if there are not sufficient funds in the designated Checking account.
Payees refers to the entity to which you pay bills. The payee can be a company, organization, or individual. The Add/Edit Payee feature allows you to add payees to, delete payees form or edit payee information on your personal list of payees.
|Make nonrecurring payments from your checking account||
This feature allows you to schedule on-time payments to payees and enable you to specify the amount of the payment and the processing date.
|Make recurring payments from your checking account||
This feature allows you to schedule recurring payments to payees.
View History permits you to see payments made over a specified time.
Limitations on Transactions
The Credit Union will not be held liable under any circumstances for payments made to any of the following:
- Tax payments (IRS, Franchise Tax Board, Tax Assessor)
- DMV payments
- Court ordered payments
- Security trade purchases
- Child Support payments
- Payments outside of the United States
Methods & Restrictions
Payments are made to you payee either electronically via the Automated Clearing House (ACH) or by check or laser draft. The method of payment depends upon the processing method that can be accommodated by the payee or by our Bill Pay service provider.
It is important that you take into consideration what method of bill payment will be used when scheduling payments to ensure payment deadlines are met. If the payee accepts electronic bill payment, the payment may take up to two (2) business days to be delivered. If the payee does not accept electronic bill payment, the payment will be send in a check form, and may take up to five (5) business days to be delivered. Expedited payment delivery options may be available for an additional charge. The Bill Pay system will display the expedited delivery date based on the payee payment method, either electronic or check. Refer to our Fees & Charges for costs of an expedited electronic or check payment.
This service may be revoked at any time by the Credit Union and any payments scheduled may be cancelled at any time without further notification in the event of misused, fraud and/or abuse. The Credit Union may restrict your account from scheduling further payments if you have scheduled a payment and have insufficient funds in your account to cover the Bill Pay payment or in the event you have a delinquent loan or if your account fails to comply with guidelines specified in this disclosure.
Editing or Cancelling a Pending Payment
You may edit or cancel any one time or recurring pending payment via Bill Pay prior to the payment processing date. You may not edit or cancel a payment after the payment has been processed by our Bill Pay service provider.
You may request a stop payment on a Bill Pay check if the check has not been negotiated. A Stop Payment fee will be charged to your account as stated in our Fees & Charges.
To place a stop payment, call 800.866.6474 or write to us, Attn: Electronic Services, PO Box 8017, El Monte CA 91734-2317. If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within fourteen (14) days after you call.
An automated notification will be sent to the primary email address on file whenever any of the following take place:
- A new payee is added or edited
- A payment was made
- An automatic payment is scheduled or cancelled
- Your Bill Pay funding account is blocked
You are responsible for:
- data input of payee information (payment amount(s), name, address and any other pertinent information); you must allow sufficient time for bill payments to be processed so that the funds can be delivered to the merchant on or before the due date;
- any late payment, late fees, interest payments, and service fees charged by merchant(s) because of incorrect information or failing to schedule before the due date;
- any overdraft, NSF or stop payment fees charged by the Credit Union because of these transactions;
- maintaining a current, valid email address and review of email notifications; and
- reporting any inaccurate or suspicious activity to us by calling the Electronic Services department at 800.866.6474 during business hours.
Fees & Charges
Refer to the Credit Union's current Fees & Charges to see current fees.
This section explains our liability to you only to the extent that any other agreements, notices or disclosures have not separately disclosed our liability. In no event shall we be liable to you for failure to provide access to your Online Banking or Bill Pay services. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, we are only responsible for providing Online Banking and Bill Pay services as delineated in this Agreement. We will be liable for the amount of any material losses or damages incurred by you and resulting directly from our gross negligence.
We will not be liable to you in the following instances:
- If through no fault of the Credit Union, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood, power outage, equipment or technical failure or breakdown) prevents the transfer despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- If there is a hold on your account, or if access to your account is blocked, in accordance with Credit Union policy.
- If your funds are subject to a legal proceeding or other encumbrances restricting the transfer.
- If your transfer authorization terminates by operation of law.
- If you believe someone has accessed your accounts without your permission and you fail to notify the Credit Union immediately.
- If you have not properly followed the instructions on how to make a transfer included in this Agreement.
- If we have received incomplete or inaccurate information from you or a third party involving the account or transfer.
- If we have a reasonable basis for believing that unauthorized use of your Password or account has occurred or may be occurring or if you default under this Agreement, the deposit account agreement, a credit agreement or any other agreement with us, or if we or you terminate this Agreement.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us, our affiliate companies, directors, officers, employees and agents harmless against any third party claim, demand, suit, action or other proceeding and any expenses related to an Online Banking or Bill Pay account.
We are not liable for any loss or liability resulting from any failure of your equipment or software, or that of an internet browser provider such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Apple Safari, by an internet access provider, or by an online service provider, nor will we be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages resulting from your access to or failure to access an Online Banking or Bill Pay account.
The Credit Union is not responsible for any electronic virus or viruses that you may encounter. We suggest that you routinely scan your PC using a virus protection product. An undetected virus may corrupt and destroy your programs, files, and your hardware.
Term & Termination
This Agreement will become effective on the Effective Date and shall remain in full force and effect until termination in accordance with the following provisions.
We may immediately terminate your Online Banking and Bill Pay privileges without notice to you under the following circumstances:
- you do not pay any fee required by this Agreement when due, or
- you do not comply with the agreement governing your deposit or loan accounts or your accounts are not maintained in good standing.
We will promptly notify you if we terminate this Agreement or your use of the Services for any other reason.